Koidu Limited is committed to responsible environmental management practice and ensuring that the communities in which we operate derive tangible benefit by our presence. The Company's executive, line management and all supervisors are accountable and responsible for creating and maintaining a culture of environmental responsibility and sustainability. Koidu Limited will not tolerate wilful or negligent deviation from its environmental compliance objectives.
To achieve this, Koidu Limited will:
- Comply with all applicable host country laws, regulations and directives.
- Comply with the terms of our lease agreement.
- Implement appropriate industry best practices.
- Develop an Environmental Management Plan (EMP) based on the Environmental and Social Impact Assessment.
- Implement procedures and standards to comply with the EMP.
- Strive to incorporate the requirements of the Equator Principles.
- Strive to incorporate the International Finance Corporation Mining and Environmental Health and Safety General Guidelines.
- Consult and interact with local communities, regulatory authorities and interested and affected parties as required.
- Protect biodiversity, prevent pollution and minimise waste.
- Provide training and information to employees and contractors on environmental management.
- Engage in on-going phased rehabilitation of areas disturbed by our operations in terms of the EMP and our lease agreement.
- Provide sufficient resources to meet our environmental obligations including the rehabilitation of land affected by mining and related activities.
- Commit to the social wellbeing of our employees and the community.
- Undertake regular environmental audits.
- Regularly review our environmental performance.